At ASHA we have been trying to help the community around us. Some programs have become part of our annual calendar. Here is a list of our typical activities in recent years.
- Yearly monetary donations to poor cancer patients of Meherbai Cancer Hospital and inmates of Old Age Home in the month of January.
- Donation of books and stationary to Ramakrishna Mission Students Home in the month of January.
- Annual General Body Meeting in February.
- Interschool competition (antakshari, folk dance, poster painting, power point presentation, extempore etc.) in the month of April.
- Celebrating Carmel Feast Day on 16th July) ech year. All exstudents and Carmelites from the Carmel Schools across the country are invited for this celebration.
- Helping Sister Macdella in collecting blood for poor cancer patients. The Blood Donation Camp is held in SHCS.
- A portion of ASHA room has been given to Ms. Bhatia to run a bookstore for the students. This store is very helpful to the students to buy copies and other stationary items on a daily basis.
- Round the year counseling of SHCS students by trained ASHA members.
- Career counseling by experts for plus two girls.
- Entertainment of the school students through DJ nite.
- Donation of food grains, soaps, stationery items and old clothes to Mr. Stephen for his Samaria Seva Project which is an organization taking care of children of lepers during Christmas.
- Other social projects like contributing to education of underprivileged girl child and children of AIDS affected parents.
- Organizing Fund Raising Shows for generating funds to fulfill our needs for social activities (Musical Shows by Remo Fernandes, Shayne Hyrapiet)